Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Fancy Pants

Lately I've been obsessed with prints and stripes, especially worn on my lower half. As someone who has been, shall we say "blessed" with a curvy lower half, naturally I would want to stick to black jeans and flared skirts that hide that part. But when a trend catches my eye, who am I to deny myself the joy of wearing printed pants? Stripes first caught my eye when I fell in love with the Maje Spring/Summer 2013 Campaign.





I also LOVE this street style look



Several months ago, I found a pair of black and white striped jeans on sale at Urban Outfitters, and I quickly snatched them up and had them tapered to the perfect skinniness. 


I'll wear them with a white t-shirt, a shrunken black moto jacket, and either some black high tops like these Converse High Tops, $50, or some ankle strap sandals (see below.)
Biker Jacket, Asos, $169


As for a skirt like the Maje one (currently on sale at Bloomingdales here, for $142.50), here's an awesome midi skirt for those tall girls out there.


And for those of us who can't pull off that look (or just prefer a shorter skirt) there are these two, also from Asos. 



I found one on sale at Intermix, a striped bandage skirt, that I plan on wearing with my Maje Aero Sweater and some ankle strap heels or sandals.




Stay tuned for "Fancy Pants part 2: printed trousers and rompers"!






No comments: